Uploaded 0 photo
In 2013 Abbey Wood Nursery School was judged to be 'Good' by Ofsted and we are dedicated to providing a high-quality early learning experience for all our children. We're proud that our children are taught to an exceptional standard across the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). We take great care to implement the curriculum in the right way, and every child at our nursery is supported by a key person.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- The focus includes making relationships, self-confidence, self-awareness and managing feelings and behaviour.
- Physical Development
- Areas of learning include moving and handling, as well as health and self-care.
- Communication and Language
- Children learn about listening and paying attention, not to mention developing speaking skills and an understanding of language.
- Literacy - Literacy Development involves encouraging children to link sounds and letters, and begin to read and write
- Mathematics - numbers, shape, space and measuring
- Understanding the world - people and communities, the world, technology
- Expressive arts and design - Imagination; media and materials.
At Abbey Wood Nursery school we provide day care for 2 year olds, including children on the 2 year old entitlement. This facility is available term time only.