In every student's life there comes a time when they have to decide in which field they will peruse their studies. Then their next step is to find the right university for them. If you are an undergraduate and want to study business and to manage from UK and US, you’re in the right place. Because here we give you a heads start to deciding which university best suits you.
Why Pick Universities in USA and UK?
The universities in USA and UK remain a popular destination for students from around the world to pursue their dreams of studying business and administration. Because the business schools here have developed teaching strategies that include learning far beyond classrooms. They prepare students to face the challenges of the world outside which results in personal development and a better understanding of the subject.
Business Studies and Their Scope
Studying business has become increasing popular in the last couple of years. Data from the National Center for Education Statistics shows that the number of graduates of Masters in Business has increased from 26,490 to 189,000. Studying MBA is helpful and opens up employment opportunities for the degree holder.
United States of America
The country has more than 43 universities which you can choose from, and they all fall in the QS's latest ranking of the world top 200 universities. According to Forbes, the ranking of the top 6 best business universities in the US is as follows;
1. University of Pennsylvania
The Wharton School is the oldest business school of the University of Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1881, by Joseph Wharton, an industrialist who donated to this school. Wharton school offers multiple programs along with the other seen schools. There are 97,000+ alumni worldwide, including the CEO of several companies. Most alumni say that this school taught them the personal style of leadership and decision making skills.
- Full Name: University of Pennsylvania Overall score: 99
- Acronym: PENN Average undergraduate GPA: 3.60
- Motto: Laws without morals are useless
- Established: 1881 Median GMAT: 730
- Enrolment: 850 Percentage accepted: 19 percent
- Total Faculty Members: 4722 Average starting salary: $159,815
- Telephone: (215) 898-5000 Employment after graduation: 93 percent
- Postal Address: Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Website: https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/
2. Stanford University
Stanford Graduate School of Business is located in the center of California, where it’s surrounded by famous corporations. The business school is ranked the second according to Forbes. It hasan acceptance rate of 6%, due to which it is harder to get in than you might have thought. But the plus point of getting into Stanford is that the school expect its students to make either short or long trips abroad. These business schools also offer dual programs with the other schools. And this degree pays off the highest in the world.
- Full Name: Stanford Graduate School of Business Overall score: 98
- Acronym: SGSB Average undergraduate GPA: 3.74
- Motto: Change lives. Change organizations. Change the world.
- Established: 1925 Median GMAT: 740
- Enrolment: 417 Percentage accepted: 6 percent
- Total Faculty Members:114 Average starting salary: $159,440
- Telephone: 650-723-2146 Employment after graduation: 82 percent
- Postal Address: Palo Alto, California
- Website: http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/
3. Harvard University
Harvard ranks 3rd not only according to Forbes but also according to QS world business rankings. It is the most esteemed business school which was founded in 1908. Harvard business publishing prints the renowned Harvard business review magazine. Several prominent alumni of this school include CEO of Morgan Chase and COO of Facebook. Harvard Business School also offers dual degree programs with its several other schools.
- Full Name: Harvard Business School Overall score: 100
- Acronym: HBS Average undergraduate GPA: 3.71
- Motto: Truth
- Established: 1908 Median GMAT: 730
- Enrolment: 1,857 Percentage accepted:11 percent
- Total Faculty Members:200 Average starting salary: $158,049
- Telephone: 1.617.495.6128 Employment after graduation: 91 percent
- Postal Address: Boston, MA 02163 Website:http://www.hbs.edu/mba
4. Northwestern University (Kellogg)
The Kellogg School of Management situated just outside Chicago, was founded in 1908. It is unique in its approach to learning and leadership. It offers a variety of programs, such as the four year MBA programs, part-time MBA program, and one-year programs after that, extensive non-degree education programs, etc. It also offers dual degree programs with other schools such as law, medical and engineering. Hiring companies include the top consultancies in town.
- Full Name: Kellogg School of Management Overall score: 95
- Acronym: KSM Average undergraduate GPA: 3.60
- Motto: Whatsoever things are true, The word full of grace and truth
- Established: 1908 Median GMAT:730
- Enrolment: 1,296 Percentage accepted:20 percent
- Total Faculty Members:3,401 Average starting salary: $146,259
- Telephone: 847-491-3300 Employment after graduation: percent
- Postal Address: Evanston, IL 60208Website:http://kellogg.northwestern.edu
5. Dartmouth College
Edward Tuck founded the Tuck School of Business on January 19, 1900. It is one of the tops schools concerned with consulting. The university requires the students to uptake a major project in their freshmen year regarding consulting, which usually continues for 12 weeks. It also includes field research abroad.
- Full Name: Tuck School of Business Overall score: 91
- Acronym: TSM Average undergraduate GPA: 3.52
- Motto: A voice crying out in the wilderness
- Established: 1900 Median GMAT: 722
- Enrolment: 285 Percentage accepted: 22 percent
- Total Faculty Members:53 Average starting salary: $152,805
- Telephone: 603-646-8825 Employment after graduation: 96 percent
- Postal Address: Hanover, New Hampshire Website: http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu
6. Columbia University
On the number sixth of Forbes's ranking is Columbia Business School, founded in 1916. The campus is located on Amsterdam Avenue. It is one of the largest business school in New York, which offers multiple courses. It comprises of a constantly changing curriculum, to adapt students to the changing business industry in order to make them better leaders.
- Full Name: Columbia Business School Overall score: 92
- Acronym: CBS Average undergraduate GPA: 3.60
- Motto: In Thy light shall we see light.
- Established: 1916 Median GMAT: 720
- Enrolment: 776 Percentage accepted: 17 percent
- Total Faculty Members: 136 Average starting salary: $151,849
- Telephone: 212-854-5553 Employment after graduation: 92 percent
- Postal Address: New York City, New York Website:http://www.gsb.columbia.edu
- Other Options
US are considered as the most popular destination for studies in business and management by many students and parents. After all, it has the world's top universities but also the most expensive. The cost of attending university in US keeps increasing annually and has collected up to be $19,000 for a public university and $42,000 for universities in the private sector. We know that's a lot of digits and money doesn't grow on trees. So don't worry you have many options you can consider such as;
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- Georgia Institution of Technology
The British higher education system primarily constitutes of undergraduate studies which includes bachelors and diploma and postgraduate studies (Master's degree). If there is one field that the British higher education system has excelled in considerably, it is surely that of business. According to statistics, 27% of the international students that were enrolled in the British higher education system were those that were seeking a degree in business and business-related studies. Thus showing the massive increase in the popularity of business schools in the United Kingdom. According to Eduniversal Business School Ranking, the ranking of the top 5 best business universities in United Kingdom is as follows;
1. London Business School
The main campus is located in London near Reagents Park. The university has bagged titles such as being ranked 1st in Europe by the Financial Times and 2nd in the world by QS ranking. If you’re planning to do MBA, LBS is the place for you as its MBA program has been ranked 1st in all other European MBA programs. It’s a public university and very affordable.
- Full Name: London Business School
- Acronym: LBS
- Motto: To have a profound impact on the way the world does business
- Established: 1964
- Enrolment: 2,060
- Total Faculty Members: -
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7000 7000
- Postal Address: London, NW1 4SA
- Website: https://www.london.edu/
2. London School of Economics and Political Science
London School of Economics and Political Science's campus situated in central London close to several significant establishments, like the British Museum, Royal court of justice and Royal College of Surgeons. It was founded by the Fabian society in 1895. Enrolment in this university is not easy as you might think, enrolment requirements are grades higher that A. Most of the postgraduate program's rate of acceptance is less than 7 percent. Moreover, many prominent figures like Nelson Mandela have given public lecture, which has increased its esteem. Like other universities, several degree programs are offered in London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Full Name: London School of Economics and Political Science
- Acronym: LSE
- Motto: To understand the cause of things
- Established: 1895
- Enrolment: 11,210
- Total Faculty Members: 1,655
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7405 7686
- Postal Address: Houghton Street London WC2A 2AE
- Website: http://www.lse.ac.uk/
3. University Of Warwick
Warwick Business School is a department of the University of Warwick, founded in 1965.Its campus is located in the center of England surrounded by culture, city, and landscapes. Which contribute in making it a prestigious university. It offers multiple programs from undergraduate to PhDs. The university offers multiple programs. The University of Warwick has a many societies, ranging in interests. And several events that are organized on the campus are sure to keep you engaged. Famous alumni include Yakubu Gowon, the former Nigerian president.
- Full Name: Warwick Business School
- Acronym: WBS
- Motto: Mind moves matter
- Established: 1967
- Enrolment: 7,539
- Total Faculty Members:319
- Telephone: +44 (0)24 7652 4306
- Postal Address: Gibbet Hill Road Coventry CV4 7AL
- Website: www.wbs.ac.uk
4. University Of Cambridge
University of Cambridge judge business school is an affiliation of the University of Cambridge. Which is one of the oldest university in the world? It is highly selective with an acceptance rate of less than 25%. The competition is really tough and securing a seat in undergraduate program is near to impossible. It offers business and management education. It is located on Trumping ton street.
- Full Name: Judge Business School
- Acronym: JBS
- Motto: From this place, we gain enlightenment and precious knowledge
- Established: 1990
- Enrolment: 420
- Total Faculty Members: 80
- Telephone: +44 (0)1223 339700
- Postal Address: Trumping ton Street Cambridge CB2 1AG
- Website: http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/
5. University of Oxford
Saïd Business School (SBS) is an affiliation of the University of Oxford which is one of the world's top universities. It offers a wide range of programs. The SBS MBA is ranked third in the UK by The Financial Times. Admission to this prodigious university is competitive. But on the other hand, it is the only business school that accepts more than 250 students in one session. Which means you have a higher chance of getting selected. Saïd Business School made it to the number one business school in UK position in the year 2017 according to the ranking of The Financial Times. Most of the alumni are successful graduates. Ranging from the best fashion designer to CEO of Multinational Companies.
- Full Name: Saïd Business School
- Acronym: SBS
- Motto: The Lord is my light
- Established: 1965
- Enrolment: 300
- Total Faculty Members: 90
- Telephone: +44 (0) 1865 288800
- Postal Address: Park End Street Oxford OX1 5NY
- Website: http://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/
We hope that we were able to lighten a little burden off your chest by bringing to your attention the details of the universities you might choose to go to in the near future. There are a plenty of options you can chose from when it comes to best business colleges in the United States of America and United Kingdom. Make sure you go through all of them one by one before jumping onto conclusions and decisions. Pen down all the values and promises you want from a university and decide according so that you arenot disappointed when you step into the new chapter of your book. Remember you will be spending most of your daily lives at the university and it will potentially become your home. Chose the one which best suits you. We to see which one best suits you. We wish you the best of luck.